Since the unexpected does happen, it is best to find ways to plan for it in your business to avoid problems or lessen the blow when these unexpected events occur. For that reason, it is important for every business to have a data backup and disaster recovery plan so they can expect the unexpected. Below are 5 reasons why having a BDR plan is essential for all businesses.
5 Reasons Why Every Business Needs a Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- It protects your company against the effects of natural disasters – Whether your business is in the path of a flood, fire, tornado, hurricane, earthquake, or any other type of disaster, a data backup and disaster recovery plan will prepare your business in the event of a natural disaster. The National Archives and Records Administration reports that an average of 90% of all business will experience up to a week of business downtime a year due to disaster. That seven days can add up to a significant loss of revenue, and a backup and recovery plan can lessen that downtime and get your business system up and running more quickly.
- It can reduce the implications and complications of a cyber attack – As more and more information is being stored online, cyber criminals are on the hunt for companies that are not protected. Smaller business tends to be a target as cyber criminals play the odds that they are less likely to be protected. Having a data backup and recovery plan can limit the amount of damage that the business may endure as a result of the initial attack.
- It can help to protect your client’s data – It is not only important to protect your company data, but it is imperative to protect any client data that you may retain at your business. Not only is protecting customer data critical to protecting your company’s reputation in the market but it also important to reducing the risk of a lawsuit. If you retain client information in your database, it is the responsibility of the business to ensure it is protected.
- It protects against human error – Accidents and mistakes do happen, so while it is important to maintain a system that lessens some mistakes, it is also important to have a plan of action and be prepared in the instance that those mistakes do occur. While it is necessary to train your employees properly to avoid data breaches or mistakes, having a data backup and recovery plan will help protect your company data if an employee makes a poor choice that ends up compromising the company’s secure data.
- It can help your company in the event of a system failure – No matter how much money you invest in your computer hardware and software system, computer equipment can unexpectedly fail even with proper maintenance and monitoring. Having a BDR will get your company back up and running quickly and preserve your data in the event of an equipment failure.
What to Consider When Choosing a BDR System
When choosing a data backup and recovery system, there are some important factors to check for before making your final decision. To make your decision, you should check on:
- Hardware compatibility – You will need to make sure that the BDR is compatible with all of your current hardware.
- Round the clock support – Since disasters and cyber attacks can occur at any moment you will want to choose a company that provides around the clock service.
- Scalability – You want to make sure that your data recovery and backup system can grow as your company grows. It is important that the system will be able to accommodate a growing amount of data as years go by and customers increase.
- The company reputation – When choosing a company for your BDR service you will want to have a company that you can trust with your data and rely on to get the job done.
If you would like more information on how a data backup and recovery disaster plan or would like a quote, contact Atlantic Business Systems today.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.